Key accountabilities for this position are:
• Leads and manages all sizes of wastewater projects and lead multi-disciplinary teams through planning, design and construction for wastewater clients.
• Provide technical leadership on projects including treatment process design, pipeline and pump station design, and overall design management.
• Participate in the development of proposals (estimating the Level of Effort and pricing) and contracts by working directly with clients, business developers and delivery teams.
• Interact with clients, local and remote Stantec staff, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
• Gather information, develop and evaluate alternatives, and prepare engineering reports.
• Perform engineering calculations and prepare detailed design drawings and specifications.
• Provide mentorship and technical guidance to junior-level staff.
• Coordinate with Group Leader and technical staff on issues related to pursuit selection, project staffing, review of technical work, and project management.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• BSc/MSc in Engineering (Environmental/ Process / Chemical) with reputable and accredited university, Professional Engineering Registration in the United States or a Chartered Engineer in the United Kingdom or any other recognized Professional Institution (MMUP)
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in conceptual, preliminary, detailed design of physical/chemical water treatment technologies including membranes and physical/chemical/biological wastewater treatment technologies (membrane applications is a plus) and odour treatment technologies.
• Municipal and/or industrial water/wastewater process design, conceptual and detailed engineering and operations experience including physical/chemical/biological treatment, regulatory compliance.
• Water/wastewater treatment plant experience with general plant processes, biosolids, and nutrient removal, eg. conventional and advanced water/wastewater treatment unit processes including membrane applications. Robust knowledge and experience with Activated Sludge Systems is a must.
• Knowledge and experience with steady state and dynamic process modelling
• Background in multidisciplinary facility design with project management experience
• Strong interpersonal communication skills required to foster client relationships and managing project teams.
• Demonstrate outstanding oral and written communication skills, aimed both at technical and administrative teams