Job description / Role
We are WSP – Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking.
Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for a Facade Engineering Consultant to join our expanding team.
WSP welcomes applications for part time and flexible working and would be happy to discuss potential options with you as part of your application.
Your new role, what’s involved?
* Design facade systems as the facade consultant on the project – taking the design through all stages – typically concept to construction docs.
* Liaise with the architect and other consultants (including those in my own team, and other WSP disciplines) through these stages.
* Work independently, in the context of the liaison above.
* Understand the profile and capabilities of the people around me and know when to draw on their experience.
* Have strong experience with complex facades
* Consider the facade from a holistic whole-building approach, rather than a systems-based approach.
* Liaise with the Architectural and Structural teams but also other technical and commercial disciplines during the delivery of the project
* Bring a technical understanding of the relevant code standards, including CDM guidelines and EN standards.
* Ensure that Health & Safety is embedded into all work practices in line with company policies.
* Support and liaise with other specialist teams if and where required.
* Undertake on-site reviews to support technical inspections.
* Review calculations in relation to the facade.
* Supervise contractor’s facade design with a hands-on level of involvement with excellent technical knowledge and depth.
* Provide technical design input to the contractor’s design.
* Carry out factory and site inspections to assess the quality and conformance of equipment provided by the Facade contractor.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor’s degree educated, fully qualified professional with over 15 years working experience, 5 years preferably with a recognized consultant in similar role.
* Capable of working independently and remotely from my core team.
* Able to build excellent client relations through my communication and multidisciplinary coordination skills.
What’s in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends, or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time, or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy – we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.